Pancake's weight loss journey began in earnest when my butt hit the (admittedly soft, cushy) footing at the Kentucky Horse Park during our first show of 2014.
Why did my butt hit the footing? Two big reasons:
1) I was too far forward (a chronic condition, also something I'm working on but really not exciting enough for its own blog)
2) Because she's too fat to jump around a starter course.
For obvious reasons, we're going to focus on #2.
As it turns out, Pancake's aerobic threshold is six 2'3" stadium fences. Get to number 7, and she's spent.
Given that I intend to aim her at a couple dozen 2'3" solid fences over rolling terrain in the near future, this is a problem.
Of course I knew she was fat. (Duh.) But it took my butt hitting the footing to make me do something about it. Because now I'm mad. I'm not mad at her, I'm mad at myself for mis-managing her to get to this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment